Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

MDS Monday Challenge #85




Thanks for the inspiration MDS Monday!

 I have been wanting to put together a family album for my baby so that he can get to know his out-of-state relatives.  This was a great excuse for me to get started.

I really loved this picture of my brother, and I felt that this layout from the 12x12 Downtown Grunge Designer Template (included with the MDS software!)  was the perfect amount of masculine and simplicity.  

I changed the size of the photo frame to reflect a square picture, moved the embellishments around, added zig zag stitching, stars from the Extreme Elements brush set in a barely-there sahara sand, and gave the page a title with a splash of color. 

I like the contrast of a warm-tone photograph with a cool-tone page.  It really draws the eye to Chris as a focal point.  

Thanks again for the challenge!  It has been fun!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute page! I love the fonts you used! Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background with your photos. Matches perfectly! Great job with adding and moving embellishments around. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete